The scheme will be implemented by CSC e-Governance Services India Limited, a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) incorporated under the Companies Act 1956, (herein after referred to as “CSC-SPV”), under the overall supervision of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, with active collaboration of all the State Governments and UT Administrations.
NGOs, Industry, Government authorized centres, Common Services Centres (CSCs) and authorized educational institutions with appropriate infrastructure will be utilised to train and empower 6 Crore citizens on Digital literacy in Gram Panchayat and Districts of each State/ UT. The training will be held at various training locations including CSCs, Adult Literacy Centres, NIELIT Centres, RSETI, NGOs involved in IT Literacy, etc.
A detailed implementation plan is as below:
- The Scheme is applicable only for rural areas of the country.
- CSC-SPV will identify the beneficiaries in active collaboration with DeGS, Gram Panchayats, and Block Development Officers. The list of such beneficiaries would be made available on the scheme portal.
- All CSCs can register and train candidates from specified area of Gram Panchayat /District of the country as per the prescribed eligibility criteria.
- Eligible person to be enrolled in the nearest PMGDISHA training Centre using their Aadhaar (UIDAI) number.
- Unique Username and Password to be provided to the beneficiary.
- Learners to study the self learning e-modules through the LMS.
- Continuous assessment at the end of each module.
- Attendance on a daily-basis using Aadhaar number.
- On fulfilling the minimum number of learning hours and successful completion of assessment, the learners will be eligible to appear for Real time examination process in collaboration with nationally recognized Certifying Agencies namely National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu (ICTACT), Haryana Knowledge Corporation Limited (HKCL), National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD).
- Certificates will be issued to successful candidates.
- Training cost to the training agencies would be released by CSC-SPV only after successful certification of the candidates subject to meeting the prescribed outcome criteria.
Monitoring of the Scheme
District level Committee
District e-Governance Society under the Chairmanship of District Magistrate/ Collector with concerned Department.
At State Government level
Apex Committee headed by the Principal Secretary (IT) with representative of Department of Education, Panchayati Raj , Social Welfare and Women & Child Development.
At Central Government Level
MeitY would provide suitable policy support and would monitor the progress of the scheme at the Central level.
Periodic concurrent evaluation of the Scheme implementation would be done through a third party by the Implementing Agency.