Learning Outcomes / Competency Standards:
- Understand the basics (terminology, navigation and functionality) of digital devices
- Use digital devices for accessing, creating, managing and sharing information
- Use the Internet to browse in an effective and responsible manner Use technology to communicate effectively
- Appreciate the role of digital technology in everyday life, in social life and at work
- Carry out cashless transactions using digital financial tools (USSD/ UPI/ eWallet/ AEPS/ Card/ PoS)
- Use Digital Locker
- Use online citizen centric services
The content generation / collation / management / aggregation - creation of content bank etc would be carried by CSC-SPV in consultation with various stakeholders as per the following:
- The content developed for the purpose of digital literacy training would be made available in 22 scheduled languages of India apart from English. A mobile 'app' would be made available in 22 scheduled languages so that training content can be downloaded and re-used as and when needed.
- For persons who cannot read and write, audio/visual/touch etc. based content would be developed. For those who can read and write, textual, structured, audio, video, and applications based content would be made available. Efforts would be made to design target beneficiaries specific contents with the use of local/localized resources.
Top citizen centric schemes as indicated below are included as part of curriculum:
- G2C Services- Caste certificate, Domicile certificate, Income Certificate
- UIDAI Services
- Banking Services
- IRCTC- Railway reservation
- Telephone/data card Recharge
- Election ID printing
- Electricity- bill payment
- Pan card
- As the thrust of the government is on promoting cashless transactions through mobile phones, the course content would also have emphasis on digital wallets, mobile banking, Unified Payments Interface (UPI), Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) and Aadhar Enabled Payment System (AEPS), PoS etc.
- Appropriate feedback from beneficiaries and trainers for content enhancement would be taken to modify the content as per the needs of beneficiaries.
- Emphasis would be given on use/operating of digital access device(computers, tablets, etc.) for navigating through various applications such as, opening internet browser, browse for information, search for information, listen to and watch audio and video, etc.
- Other digital literacy courses developed by various agencies in this field can also be considered for imparting digital literacy training.
- A Technical Committee setup by the CSC-SPV comprising of members drawn from NIELIT, IGNOU, NIOS, UNESCO, DEF, IT for Change, IIMC, INTEL, NASSCOM, NIIT, PMGDISHA partners, etc would ratify the contents. A Multilingual centralized pool of content relevant especially to rural masses would be created by CSC-SPV.
Broad Content outline:
|Introduction to Digital Devices
|Operating Digital Devices
|Introduction to the Internet
|Communications using the Internet
Applications of Internet (include citizen-centric services; Use of digital financial tools for undertaking cashless transactions)
|Total Duration : 20 Hrs